How to Get Rid of Termites
Termites are colony pests that are categorized into five different types namely Conehead termites, Formosan termites, Dampwood termites, Subterranean termites and Drywood termites. They can appear in the wood material without any indication that they are there. They can easily tear away tough cellulose materials.
Termites cause lots of damage to the home. They are an ongoing threat for every season. So, it is vital to have a pest control plan that is ready to implement at any time. A colony of termites doesn’t take much time to cause severe damage to any home. This guide will help you to get affordable solutions that will help you get rid of termites for good.
Searching termite colonies
- If you want to kick out termites yourself, then you need to locate their main chow spots and hideouts. Finding clue of termite affliction is not so easy.
- The first step you have to follow would be to get yourself a screwdriver or stick and a flashlight.
- You can start your search by moving towards garage, basement or any wood that you can see.
- Analyze every area by patting on a support beam, floor beams, pillars etc. If you hear any hollow sound, then that’s the indication of termites infestation. Look around mud trails. If you find fallen wings in the mud trails, then it’s the sign of termites affliction.
Tips to get rid of termites
Calling a professional is a wise thing that you can do. But if the termite infestation is not severe then you follow these DIY tips:
- Termites live in dark and moist conditions. Leave your affected furniture in the exposure of sunlight for 2-3 Termites can’t resist heat and die off in the disclosure of the sun. This method will prevent further termite infestation.
- Make a cardboard Cardboard traps are made up of cellulose and wood smell of cardboard will attract termites. Moisten the trap with water to make the essence of wood more distinct and place it near the affected area. Within few hours, you can notice the termites lures out to the cardboard. Burn it to get rid of termites.
- Use of Vinegar: If you suspect that termites are living and breeding in your home area then it is a serious issue. One of best remedy is to kill termites with vinegar. Prepare a solution of vinegar and lemon juice. Lemon contains d-limonene that is poison to wood pests. Spray this solution over the termite infestation. It will kill the termites by destroying their digestive systems.
- If you find the area is severely affected then hire a professional termite exterminator for inspection and treatment.
- Use nematodes to kill the termites. Nematodes can be found in many online stores.
One colony of termites can cause thousand dollars of damage. Take effective action today so that your home can be termite free.
Termite Pest Control Service In Melbourne:-
Termites can cause widespread destruction of home items. These tiny creatures can not only hollow down the wood but can also make your furniture weak and distorted. Everyone dreams of a termite free home. If you too want to make your home termite free and have not been able to achieve the required efficiency even until now, then you must hire professional termite pest control in Melbourne to get rid of the problem. No matter how hard you try, it is impossible to get rid of termites the natural way. Since they are difficult to detect and equally difficult to eradicate, taking the help of a professional termite pest control service can prove to be useful.
Looking for the best pest control service in Melbourne? Worry not as we have the required direction for you. Arrow Exterminating is one of the best pest control companies in Australia. We have never received any complaint from any of our customers. We believe in customer satisfaction and we guarantee the quality you will always appreciate. We have value for time and make sure that our executive reaches you within time. Not just termites, but we deal in all kinds of pest control services such as wasps pest control, bed bugs pest control, bee pest control, beetle pest control etc. We are available 24*7 to help you make your home pest resistant.
Give us a call now and have an expert right at your doorstep to help you wipe off all the termites from your home.